Thursday, March 1, 2012

YOU GOT THIS.






Have you ever tried an exercise or diet program for a week, and then decided to quit? What were your reasons?  Were you expectations too high?  Was it too complicated to follow? Did you wear yourself out by trying to do too much at the start? Was the diet too extreme? Was it a diet with too few calories or too many food restrictions?

I have been guilty of all these things. Do you want to know what I have found to work? First, you need a support group. Without my challenge group that my Beachbody coach invited me into I would not be having the successes I am having.  You need supportive people around you that are on the same journey. People you can be accountable to and people you can share your struggles and accomplishments.  The best part of my day is when I log into facebook and check on my R.O.A.R. group.  The seven other women in the group are on this journey with me. They struggle with the same things and have many of the same experiences. It is wonderful to have these women. I will be forever changed for having them in my life.

Second, you have to set realistic goals. One pound a week is a healthy, manageable, attainable goal. Anything more than that and you are setting yourself up for failure.

There is no big formula or secret to weight loss. Calories in, calories out.  Simple, straightforward, easy. You must use more calories than you are consuming. Myfitnesspal.com is a great calorie tracker. It is free and they have an app for smart phones. So start an account and friend me! BeckeyG.

So make a date with a friend to go for a walk, or run. Maybe join a basketball team. Play with your kids at the park. Hit the gym, or my favorite JUST PUSH PLAY on your favorite exercise DVD.  I counted one day, I have over 30 DVDs. My favorites are my Beachbody ones; Body Gospel, P90X, and 10 minute trainer. They are my go to workouts.

 Have a Happy Healthy day!



No comments:

Post a Comment