Tuesday, March 13, 2012

What kind of people do you attract

Like a magnet, we draw in what we constantly think about. If you're always thinking positive, happy, joyful thoughts, you're going to be a positive, happy, joyful person, and you will attract other happy, upbeat, positive people.



 
Do you find this to be true? I certainly do. For the last couple of years I have put an effort in surrounding myself with positive people. What I have noticed as I look back at my former self is I was really unhappy. I had friends and some family that when we were together all we seemed to do was complain. Complain about other people or our husbands or the nasty lady at the market. We never seemed to cut anybody any slack including ourselves. Everyone was out to get us and nobody understood what we were going through.

Fast forward a few years to the wonderful life I have now.  I have surrounded myself with some amazing people.My good friends Tim and Doris, they have become like a second set of parents to me.
Tim has pushed me to grow as a Christian and challenged me to take on some things that I didn’t think I could ever do. He is funny and an amazing example of what a Christian is supposes to be. I am humbled as I watch and learn from his example how to be a loving and accepting person of all the people around me.


 Doris has become a loving friend and support person in my life. We are both working toward a life of health and happiness and I look forward to our time together every week. We lift each other up and support each other in our goals. Without her initial push to start a health based Bible study at church I don’t know if I would be on the path I am now.  



 
LaDawn. She is a kindred soul and a much cherished person in my life. She is someone who I can talk to when I am just trying to figure something out. Weather it is a conflict with a friend or a misunderstanding with a stranger. She has a viewpoint of love and forgiveness that is rare. She reminds me that people are just people with their own baggage too. Sometimes you have to love others through the baggage to get to the amazing person they are. We all, including me, are not perfect and we should love and support each other because of that.

 
Karla. I have known Karla for a few short months. In that time she has helped me transform my life by keeping me focused on my health and fitness. I have started a career as a Beachbody coach and I love it! She also brightens my spirits on a daily basis. I look forward to and cherish the time we get to talk to each other and can’t wait till June when I get to meet her in person! She has a big giant hug coming her way! You couldn’t find a bigger cheerleader! (Well I am a close second)



 
The biggest change has to be joining the Bridge church. The teaching from Bill West of God’s love and the examples from the staff and leaders are amazing. I am part of a community that has everyone from millionaires to the homeless, people who have been Christians for years and people brand new to this whole way of life. Everyone is treated with respect and told that they matter. Sometimes we forget that people are just people. We may have different backgrounds but we all need to know that someone cares. I don’t think I have ever told so many people that I love them and meant it! Sundays are my favorite day of the week!




 My husband Dave has been an amazing gift to me. I don’t know what I would do without him. He supports me when I need it. Keeps me grounded and steers me away from the things in life I don’t need. He is my partner and is raising two beautiful, smart, rambunctious children. He is my rock.





There are many other amazing people in my life. I could probably write a ten page paper trying to list them all! I probably will over the course of this blog. Stay tuned you might be mentioned someday!
So who are the positive forces in your life? Who helps keep you on the path to a Joy filled existence? If you can’t name anyone maybe it is time to start with yourself and see what kind of people you attract!

3 comments:

  1. Beckey, in my new grateful journal, you are on page 1, line 6. I am SO GRATEFUL GOD BROUGHT YOU INTO MY LIFE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beckey, it is a pleasure to come alongside of you as you grow in Christ. I admire your desire to be better in everything you do and I often find that you challenge me as much as I challenge you. I am truly fortunate to call you a friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Beckey, Kim and I are so proud of you and so proud to call you, Dave and your family our friends. We love you guys. Also, we are grateful to have you all at the Bridge Church as well. You make such a huge difference here.

    ReplyDelete