Saturday, March 10, 2012

Mirror Mirror on the wall



What do you see when you look in the mirror? Do you ever look through pictures and think “is that really what I look like?” I have to admit I am a pretty confident person. I usually see the lion. I in general like myself. I try to be a good person, take care of my family, and try to be a positive force in others lives.  Do I have flaws? Oh boy, don’t we all? I tend to wake up cranky; I have a lot of improvement to do in the housekeeping department. I can be impatient, I can be self absorbed.  I can open my mouth when I should have kept it shut. That is just the beginning.  The nice thing is I try not to focus on that part. I need to work on my flaws but they are only a part of me. They don’t define me. What defines me? That is a great question. One that evolves I believe on a daily basis. Am I defined by my role as a wife and mother? Am I defined by my volunteer activities and my job? Am I defined by my wants and desires?  I think I need to give myself time to think about what the answer is. I will get back to you. I want to know what defines you too.

So what do you see in the mirror, the kitten or the lion? Who do you want to see? Who do you want to be? The best part is that is in your control. YOU control your destiny. You can choose to be stuck in the same old miserable cycle of bad eating choices and sitting on the couch watching way too much television or you can regain your life! I hope you join me on this path to being as strong on the outside as you are on the inside. So get up, go outside, and enjoy what I hope is a beautiful day!


Have a Happy Healthy Day!




No comments:

Post a Comment