Wednesday, March 14, 2012

My first 4 weeks with Beachbody


As of today I have been a Beachbody Coach for a month. What a difference a month can make. I am stronger, leaner, healthier, and a whole lot happier. My Journey with weight loss has been a long one. I stayed a healthy size till I was around 19. I had moved away from home, I was going to school, and working part time in a candy shop. I no longer had the stress of living with my parents, which they will tell you I was no peach to live with either. I think the stress helped to keep me thin in spite of my bad diet. I had an awful diet of fast food and bagels form the bagel shop across the parking lot from the beauty school. In the course of a year I gained 30 pounds. I stayed at 185 pounds until I became pregnant 4 years later. Although I ate a lot of watermelon, which my son loves, but my husband can’t stand now ha ha! There was a lot of other awful bad for me foods I consumed. By the time my son was born I was 230 pounds! I have bounced back and forth from 230 to 196 3 times. This last time I got back up to 220 pounds and I had enough. I started working out and eating better last fall when my oldest started school. I was able to maintain a 7 pound loss through the holidays, but didn’t have any progress.
 I started this January 1st with the following statistics:
Chest: 42 inches
Natural Waist: 37 inches
Abdomen (about the belly button): 42 inches
Hips: 46 inches
Thighs: 24 inches
Calves: 16 inches
Arms: 15 inches
Weight: 213 pounds

Here are my current statistics:
 Chest: 40 inches
Natural Waist: 36 inches
Abdomen (about the belly button): 40.5 inches
Hips: 45 inches
Thighs: 23 inches
Calves: 15.5 inches
Arms: 14.5 inches
Weight: 201 pounds

I can’t believe the changes in my life since then. The little changes like my clothes fitting better and being happier are great. It is the big changes that are amazing! My total mindset is different. I don’t want the bad food. It has become incredibly easy to resist. I am spreading the excitement of getting healthy to friends and family. It is great when you don’t have to do this Journey alone.  I get to check in with my challenge group friends everyday! That has been the key to losing this weight and changing the way I think about it. I get to connect with other people who are on the same journey and understand the joys and the setbacks and we are there to support each other through them all. I will not be going back to that unhappy unhealthy 230 pound woman I was before. 

I have lost 7.5 inches and 12 pounds since January 1st and most of that has been in the last month. I got serious. I joined Beachbody as a coach. It is a lot harder to motivate other to do their workouts if you are not doing yours, so being a coach makes me accountable. I made a goal of 90 days of tracking my food and doing a workout and I have not missed one in my first 30 days. Treat time! I am buying myself a new workout DVD or a shirt I haven’t decided yet J (Next 30 days will be a pedicure YES!)
So what kind of changes are you ready to make? It is amazing what a few shorts weeks can do for you!

Have a Happy Healthy day!








No comments:

Post a Comment