Wednesday, March 7, 2012

NO WHINING!!



Ok I have to admit, it was a lot harder to make myself do my workouts yesterday. It was bad enough I chose to clean my children’s room just to avoid it. Some people have great pride in keeping their home clean. Unfortunately I am not one of them. This is something I struggle with. I wish I was a better house keeper but there are so many other things to do besides cleaning my home. Surf the net, go to the park, play outside with the kids, garden, go shopping, do some crafting, etc. So seeing how I chose to clean their room instead of doing my workout is pretty shocking.  I did eventually walk a mile on the treadmill after dinner, but it would have been so much better if I had done that earlier in the day.

The main reason I did my workout for the day instead of skipping it is I have made a promise to myself that I would complete 90 days of fitness and 90 days of tracking my food. Today is day 22. Completing these 90 days are important to me and I didn’t want to be disappointed in myself. Nobody else would care, nobody else would notice if I skipped a day, but I would. I am determined to follow through and stick to my plan. I want the satisfaction of completing something important. With every workout, with every meal I am stepping closer to being the healthy happy person I want to be.

So, when met with something you don’t want to do, but need to, how do you motivate yourself?  How do you break yourself away from all the everyday distractions to focus on your goals? Do you have someone to be accountable to? Do you set reasonable goals?  Do you just suck it up and do it?

Have a Happy Healthy day!


I need to make this next time I have a party!






No comments:

Post a Comment