Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Courage, Integrity, and Perseverance.

 Courage: cour·age

noun \ˈkər-ij, ˈkə-rij\
: mental or moral strength to venture, persevere, and withstand danger, fear, or difficulty

 Integrity: in·teg·ri·ty
noun \in-ˈte-grə-tē\
1
: firm adherence to a code of especially moral or artistic values : incorruptibility
2
: an unimpaired condition : soundness
3
: the quality or state of being complete or undivided : completeness 

Perseverance: per·se·ver·ance
noun \ˌpər-sə-ˈvir-ən(t)s\
: continued effort to do or achieve something despite difficulties, failure, or opposition : the action or condition or an instance of persevering : steadfastness


 Courage, Integrity, and Perseverance. These three words can have a powerful meaning when applied to your goals. What are your goals? My goals right now are to get under 195 pounds. I have six pounds to go! My long term goals are to be about 150 pounds and make a full time career out of my coaching business with Beachbody and help as many people as I possibly can to get fit and healthy. Yes, I am at the beginning of my journey. I can not wait to enjoy each day and each new learning experience along the way.

I have the COURAGE to power thru and complete these goals. Even when people doubt me, even when I injured my back this last week, (I am almost healed up, but those workouts are calling my name!!! I must wait till better!)  Even when I doubt myself, I will have the courage to complete and conquer my goals, because they are that important to my health and my future.

The INTEGRITY of the Beachbody team I am part of is astounding! I am working with a group of people whose first mission is to spread health and wellness as far as we can and the secondary goal of making a living is just icing on the cake.

I have the PERSEVERANCE to complete my goals. Despite the fact that this is the fourth time I have had to start over with my weight loss. It is not easy to conquer those old demons of eating to feel good and then lying around because I have given my body the wrong fuel.

What are the words you would apply to your goals? 

 Have a Happy Healthy Day!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment