Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Happy Anniversary Karla!!!



There are times in your life that come along and alter your life forever.
  • When I was 10 and started my ADD medication and became a whole new child
  • When I was 14 and started public high school after being “the weird kid” at the private school.
  • When I was 16 and a teacher pushed me to be more than I was.
  • When I was 21 and had my heart thoroughly broken by a boyfriend I thought I was going to marry.
  • When I was 24 and married my husband Dave and my son was born.
  • When I was 26 and my daughter was born and we started attending the Bridge Church.
  • And then last year on November 28th Karla sent me a friend request on facebook.
Immediately she took me under her wing when I was feeling lonely, lost and broken.  She helped me rebuild my confidence that had been shattered by yo-yo dieting, being unhappy with myself, and not knowing where I fit in life. Shortly after we met I joined one of her challenge groups. I was able to get on track with my health and fitness. By February 14th I was signed up to be a Team Beachbody Coach just like her.

Our Team at Summit
 Since then I have lost 35 pounds, traveled to Las Vegas for one of the best weekends of my life, started a fit club, hosted trainings for local coaches, spoke on stage in front of a very large crowd, spoke on a national team call, and the best part is I have met so many other people whose hearts are just as big. Now I get to help others on their journey to health just like Karla has helped me.


Karla and her Daughter Katheranne


Karla is the type of woman who would drop everything to help you. She is incredibly funny and smart. She has nurtured an amazing relationship with her daughter that I hope I can do the same with my children. She is really cool! How many people do you know who like to dress up as zombies, play like pirates, and workout like a body builder? Not many :) She has an amazing relationship with her husband. Something I bet many around them envy.  As a family they have persevered through some very tough times and become stronger because of it.The world is a much better place because Wonderful Woman is in it!!!




Karla,

I want to thank you so much for your love, wisdom, guidance, and most of all for you just believing in me. Your friendship is one of those life altering moments for me! I wouldn't have been able to do the things I have in the last year without you. Sometimes all someone needs is to have someone believe in them. I will forever be thankful for you. For the way you love others unconditionally and the passion you have for helping others. You brought me out of a place that I desperately needed saving from. Your Friend for life,

Beckey

Summit 2012




3 comments:

  1. I love this woman beyond belief! She is strong and beautiful! She doesn't have to go out of her way to make people feel special, but she does! That is the beauty of her soul. If you are lucky, you have family who are friends. And if you are VERY BLESSED, you have friends who are FAMILY!!!!!!!! You are not only one of my best friends in the world! You are my inspiration and a light that leads people with love and compassion! Happy FRIENDAVERSARY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an amazing story. Funny how one person can change your life for the better. I feel the same way about my coach, that one friend request changed everything. :) Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful message!:):D Both Karla and You beckey are AMAZING women!:)

    ReplyDelete