Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Don’t eat that or I will come to your house!!!!




What are your food weaknesses? I used to have a lot, mainly in the sweets department. Some of them were cookies, cake, and chocolate.   

It is time to change your mind set. Say to yourself 
“FOOD IS FUEL.”  Repeat. Repeat until you believe it.

Tony Horton: Creator of P90X



It is a hard transition to a life without the junk. But it is so worth it. I know that since I have changed my food preferences to lean proteins, fruits, vegetables, and whole grains the other stuff just doesn’t taste the same anymore.  Although the good stuff tastes amazing now! The other day my husband was sick. He asked me to run to the corner store for a candy bar. He really didn’t feel well, there is a bad flu going around.  So I was nice and got him one. The funny thing was my first reaction when he asked for the candy bar was “yuck, candy bar.” I was shocked! All I could think was, it’s going to make me feel like crap and make my teeth hurt. That was a huge change in mind set for me.  Just a few short months ago I probably would have gotten a couple more candy bars just for me.  So he got the candy bar and I ate a couple of oranges. The oranges were sweet, juicy, and I had the satisfaction of making a healthy choice.

A few people have tried to guilt me into trying desserts they have made, or share a food with me that they probably shouldn’t be eating. It is hard to so no (especially if they made it) but I think about how it is going to make me feel and the goals I have set for myself.  Those empty calories are just not worth it, so I politely decline their offer (or not so politely if they insist).

 It is time to take control of your life. 
One more day of poor eating habits 
and a sedentary life are just not worth it.

Have a Happy Healthy day!

Making faces on your hard boiled eggs are a great way to distinguish them from the other eggs. Cute too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment