Thursday, February 23, 2012

It will HURT, It will be WORTH it.

        
It is amazing the changes you need to make to break a lifetime of bad habits. Bad habits like eating out, poor food choices, binge eating, starving yourself to lose weight, not getting enough sleep, sitting on your butt WAY too much. These are all choices I have made in my lifetime. The decision to truly change my life and stick to it has been an uphill battle. This last January I was introduced to a woman named Karla. I have yet to meet her in person, but she is one of the most influential people I have had in my life time. Up there with two teachers I had in high school.
        Those two teachers saw in me potential that I did not know I had. Mr. Read pushed me, and threatened to fail me (and meant it) If I didn't run for a state office. I earned my spot and that lead to me speaking in front of 2,000 people and I got a spot to go to the national convention twice. Mr. McBride was my drama teacher. Although I did not take drama, I was his teacher’s aide and involved in what was called tech pool. Tech pool was the people who built and painted the sets and ran lighting and sound. I loved it! It gave me a purpose and I was good at it. I had an Adult in my life that trusted me to complete what I was asked to do. I was always happy to. For a teenager, having someone who believes in them is like having oxygen. You can't live without it. Mr. McBride was like a father to many students. We were all saddened when he passed away a few years ago. Both of these people had a way of getting the best out of their students and I am forever changed because of it.
        Karla is my coach with Team Beachbody. A friend from high school, pretty much told me I had to meet her and arranged it shortly after (Thank you Steve!!!!) Since meeting her, I have lost 10 pounds, gained a career, and I now have the best kind of friend. She is the kind of friend who just wants the best for you, just wants to help you. She is the type of friend who celebrates your accomplishments with you and helps you through the rough patches. I hope as a coach I can be just like her. I know with her guidance I WILL go far with my career as a Team Beachbody coach and in my personal adventure with weight loss and healthy choices. 

So my Journey with karla and Beachbody will be exactly what the above picture says. But in the end EVERY workout EVERY good eating decision WILL BE WORTH IT. It already is :)

Have a Happy Healthy Day!










3 comments:

  1. THIS IS BEAUTIFUL!! I absolutely love you, Beckey!!! I am sitting here crying (the good kind). I feel exactly the same way about you. I thank God every day that you were brought into my life. Every morning, when I wake up, I sit and think about the blessings I have been given. (Actually, I write them down in a blessings book)You are one of the people I have written in there. <3 (BTW, Carol, if you are reading this, you should know you are in there too!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karla, you have forever changed my life :) The best part is people around me who don't know what I am doing have noticed changes in me. Not just the getting fitter kind. The I am happier and full of life. I have a passion and a purpose now. Thank you so much! I love you too!

      Delete
  2. I hope everyone can have that person in their lives. The type that sees you for your potential :) That pushes you to be you best and is your biggest cheerleader. I have been blessed to have people in my life like that. I don't take it for granted, I know it is a gift God has given me by allowing these people to guide me.

    ReplyDelete