Friday, February 17, 2012

Reminders.....

Visual reminders of the work you have accomplished are so important. When you have had a bad day or are not feeling well, looking at your jar full of pebbles or your before pictures compared to your current picture can really boost your spirits. I personally have a few pictures of myself doing physically active things. I love the pictures of playing with my children at the park, hiking with my family, playing on the swings with a good friend. Having those pictures where I can see them on a regular basis help remind me I can do it! I can get off the couch and do that workout. Why? Because I remember how much fun those moments were, how much better I felt afterwards, and how proud I was of myself for accomplishing those moments. Good health is so important! Let’s get healthy!

I found this idea, I thought it was brilliant! They recommended one pebble for every 5 pounds. I am going to do the same thing but a red pebble for every 5 pounds and a clear pebble for each pound! 
 

Hummus, I love it! It is great as a dip for veggies or crackers. I also like to use it as a spread for sandwiches. Yummy, I know what my afternoon snack will be today :) I will be having hummus, cucumbers and a little chili powder.

1. Health Benefits of Chickpeas

The nutritional benefits of hummus can be rooted down from each of its ingredients. For one, chickpeas are very healthy because they do not contain any cholesterol or saturated fats. They are also rich in protein. This makes hummus a favorite among vegetarians. Chickpeas are also known to be effective in preventing build up of cholesterol in the blood vessels. Apart from that, it can maintain correct blood sugar levels.

2. Nutritional Value of Tahini

Tahini, meanwhile, is full of fat and calories. However, the fact that it is used sparingly in most hummus recipes and that it mostly contains unsaturated fat means there is not much to worry about. Like chickpeas, tahini is also high in protein. Apart from that, it is a great source of calcium.

3. Healthy Ingredients in Olive Oil

Another healthy ingredient found in hummus is olive oil. As most people know, olive oil is a healthy fat. It has high monounsaturated fat content but low in saturated fat. This oil can thus help regulate cholesterol and protect the heart from various diseases.

4. Health Benefits of Garlic and Lemon Juice

Garlic and lemon juice, meanwhile, are filled with antioxidants that reduce oxidative stress in the body. They also work to improve immune functions and fight of bacteria and viruses.

5. General Health Benefits of Hummus

Hummus as a whole contains plenty of Omega 3 fatty acids, which are great for improving intelligence and maintaining a healthy heart. On top of it all, this dish also has iron, vitamin B6, manganese, copper, folic acid, and amino acids. Tryptophan, phenylalanine, and tyrosine are the amino acids found in hummus that can promote good quality sleep and uplift one’s mood.
Humus is loaded with nutrients that can contribute to a healthy lifestyle. Include this in your diet by using it as spread on sandwiches and wraps, as dressing to your salad or pasta, as dip for raw vegetables, or as side dish for main courses.

 http://www.3fatchicks.com/5-health-benefits-of-hummus/

No comments:

Post a Comment