Monday, April 9, 2012

phew, life can return to normal now :)

 WOW! what a weekend. My life has been consumed by Plastic Easter Eggs for weeks now. I am the special events coordinator for The Bridge Church and this was our fourth annual Easter Egg Dash (there is no time to hunt so you better dash!) I have worked with a wonderful group of people and volunteers to make this happen. Lots of man hours have gone into stuffing 15,000 plastic Easter Eggs! Plenty of time has gone into creating new games and setting up and tearing down the event. I am so thankful for all the help that went into creating this event.
 was documented in an article in our local paper on Friday. WOW, did that bring in a large crowd. We estimate that there were 3,000 to 4,000 people at the Easter Egg Dash. Project 20/40 was 20 community services in the 40 days leading up to Easter. We had many great projects. A clothing drive, a food drive, one man bought fast food burgers and handed them out to the homeless, a small group handed out coffee and doughnuts to the day workers, a few people did yard clean ups for the elderly. I don't know if we made it to 20 projects before Easter but I do know there are a few groups who are going to continue to do service projects. I am so proud to be part of a community who are willing to accept others and are not afraid to help where they can.



Now I can take a sigh of relief and return to normal. Back to my routine of loving my children, spending time with my husband, and continuing my journey to health and fitness! One big change from last year is I didn't gain any weight stuffing all those eggs (one candy for the egg, one candy for me. you get the picture of last years preparation)  I did have a few pieces but not like I have done in the past. So now to get focused on my journey again. 199 has been teasing my for weeks now! It is time to break that barrier. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend with your family and friends this Easter weekend.











No comments:

Post a Comment